Countdown to Kindergarten - The BIG Transition to Elementary School
Time & Location
About The Event
Moving from Pre-School to Kindergarten is a huge leap! There are so many things to think about!
- Will my child be able to go from 2 -3 hour days to 5-6 hour days?
- Should we ride the bus, walk or use the car line?
- What questions should I ask schools when we visit?
- How does PE work?
- What happens at lunch time?
- Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Will there be a nurse on site?
- What does an IEP look like for elementary school?
- If I can choose a school, what do I look for?
- Do they go on field trips?
- What kind of communication can I expect?
There will be a short presentation on planning for a successful transition from Pre-K to Kindergarten. After the presentation, we will have a roundtable discussion with families who have already navigated this big transition. You will have a chance to talk with parents from mulitiple East Central Illinois disctricts on things they learned during the transition year and things they wish they had known going into the transition.
We will have volunteers available to watch kids and to help them with a couple of crafts while the parents talk in the next room. There will be light refreshments. As always, if you need something special, please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks along.