Parent to Parent: Early Intervention to Pre-K Transition
Time & Location
About The Event
Moving from Early Intervention to Pre-K is a huge leap! There are so many things to think about!
- Will my child be able to go handle a classroom full of excited kids?
- Should we ride the bus, walk or use the car line?
- What questions should I ask during our transition meeting?
- Who should I invite to come with me to the transition meeting?
- What is the difference between an IFSP and an IEP?
- Are there volunteer opportunities?
- Will there be a nurse on site?
- Do they go on field trips?
- What kind of communication can I expect?
- What if my child isn't potty trained?
- What if I choose to skip Pre-K and wait until Kindergarten?
- What is an Evaluation?
This will be a roundtable discussion with families who have already navigated this big transition. You will have a chance to talk with parents from mulitiple East Central Illinois disctricts on things they learned during the transition year and things they wish they had known going into the transition.
We will have volunteers available to watch kids and to help them with a couple of crafts while the parents talk in the next room. There will be light refreshments. As always, if you need something special, please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks along.