Parent to Parent: Middle School to High School Transtion - POSTPONED
Time & Location
About The Event
So many questions to ask about moving into High School!
- What questions should I ask during our transition meeting?
- Will my child be able to take driver's ed? And what will that entail?
- Should I have my child graduate with his class or stay in programming until 21?
- How do they create their class schedules?
- What kind of communication can I expect?
- Should we be planning for college or job training or something else?
- What is a measurable post-secondary goal?
- What resources are available for the trasition?
- How can I help my child get acclimated to the new building and the responsibilities of high school?
This will be a roundtable discussion with families who have already navigated this transition. You will have a chance to talk with parents from mulitiple East Central Illinois disctricts on things they learned during the transition year and things they wish they had known going into the transition.
There will be light refreshments. As always, if you need something special, please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks along.